The quick answer is no. It takes longer than a day to complete a dental implant procedure. The good news is that although it's a multi-step process, your dental implants can last a lifetime. But we'll explain why a dental implant procedure takes more than a day. Interested? Keep reading!
To begin, you will have a consultation with Dr. Michael to decide whether dental implants are right for you.
Then, treatment is completed in phases. Gentle Dental Eagan will walk you through each stage of the procedure to ensure you are comfortable and satisfied with each step of your treatment, including sedation dentistry services. The steps will look something like this:
- Your treatment begins with the placement of the titanium dental implants
- For the implants to fuse successfully into your bone tissue, your jaw and mouth must heal for several months
- During this important healing time, we adjust your existing dentures so you can feel confident in the meantime (while wearing them with the implants)
- Once your mouth and jaw have fully healed, we place small connectors (called abutments) on top of your dental implants
- By using abutments, your new dentures stay secure in your mouth and allow for easy snap-off removal
Implant Dentist in Eagan, MN
People have long sought a way to replace missing teeth for health, practical, and aesthetic purposes. The History of Dentistry shows that people used animal teeth to manufacture dentures as early as 2500 B.C.
So, it's fair to say that dentures have been around for a long time and have come a long way since then. And although dentistry has certainly advanced, dental implants will still take longer than one day to completely heal and integrate.
Additionally, even with these advancements, traditional dentures can be uncomfortable and challenging to keep in place. Fortunately, implant-supported dentures offer a more comfortable and secure option. If you're interested in learning more about different types of dentures or looking for an Eagan, MN implant dentist—we're just a call or click away!